Sunday, August 8, 2010

Let the party planning begin!

Yes my friends, Mr. D. turns one in a little bit more than 2 months, and I want to make it very special....it's his first birthday! and maybe I want to celebrate too that he is alive!, that I didn't do it so bad as I thought I was doing during his first weeks of life and that he's a healthy and strong boy!
So I got one of this cake molds to make a BIG cupcake...


I think they are so cute...that will be the cake Mr. D will destroy all by himself. For the rest of the party I will have another cake, I haven't decide it yet.

...so I will probably practice this week...I will make one to see how it turns out. I'm still looking for a theme or idea for the party...any ideas? (just so you know I'm not very into the Disney or Cartoon characters thing...)
So yeah...I'm as excited as when I was planning my amazing circus baby shower with my sister Ama...

3 comments:

  1. una amiga uso para el primer cumple de su hijo el tema de la jungla, y dibujo lianas alrededor de la habitacion llenandola toda de verde, y colgando monitos por algunas de ellas.... fue espectacular!! aprovecha ahora a elegir tus temas favoritos, porque cuando crecen, a partir de los 3 o 4 aƱos, ellos eligen los temas, como Ben10, Gormiti... y todos esos bichos feos con los que juegan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those too. I have always wanted one. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Good luck on coming up with a theme - I am stumped too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jungle themes are very fun. My husband is from Panama, so for our son's first birthday we did a "tree frog in the jungle" theme. We had lots of vines (made out of green/brown butcher paper twisted to look vine-like) with monkeys & tree frogs.

    ReplyDelete